Project Details

✔ Project has been published!

Results Chart for Delivery Method and Financing

Delivery Method

DB
# of Projects: 1
100% of the Results

Background informationProject Created: September 20, 2010

Project Name: Maryland SR 30 Hamstead Bypass
Year in Operation: 2009
Sector: Transportation
Subsector: Bridge
Status: In Operation
Type: New Facility
Description: Construction of approximately 4.5 miles of two-lane road with numerous stream and wetland crossing and four bridge structures, roundabouts, noise walls, new storm drainage, MSE walls, extensive stormwater management facilities, eight cross culverts, landscaping, earthwork, two major traffic tie-ins and utility relocations.
Delivery Method as described in the country where it's located: Design Build
Is the project still active: Yes
Comments: Design-Build with a Best Value (Technical and Price) with discussions selection

Project Locations

Address: 707 N. Calvert Street
City: Baltimore
State:
Country: United States of America

Address:
City: Baltimore
State: Maryland
Country: United States of America

Address:
City: Hamstead
State: Maryland
Country: United States of America

Address: MD 30
City: Hamstead
State: Maryland
Country: United States of America

Souces of Project Support (Non-monetary)

Checkbox Checked Land: The Maryland State Highway Administration acquired at a cost, the entire right-of-way for the proposed project prior to the Design-Built Teams Notice to Proceed. The Administration will maintain the project upon completion and subsequent to the Administrations “Acceptance for Maintenance”.
Checkbox Checked Environmental Clearance: As an innovative approach to protect the bog turtle habitat, goats were chosen to graze on the invasive plant species in the wetlands in lieu of mechanical mowers. Mowers would have put the turtles at risk while using goats proved sustainable and reduced the carbon footprint. Upon the completion of the environmental clearances (NEPA) the Administration secured the Federal Permits (ACOE, US Fish & Wildlife etc.) for the anticipated impacts to Wetlands and Waterways. The contract contained monetary incentives to reduce the permitted impacts at a value of $20,000 per 0.25 acre saved.

Souces of Project Support (Monetary)

Checkbox Checked

From Public (Government) Sources to Producers: The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) contributed 80% of the cost of initial construction, and the state of Maryland funded the remaining 20%. The State of MD remains responsible for long term repair, O&M.

Arrow Right
Checkbox Checked

Direct Cash Support

Arrow Right
Checkbox Checked

From Public Sponsor of Project - Direct Expenditure of Appropriated Public Funds: State and local taxes on motor vehicle registration, fuel.

Arrow Right
Checkbox Checked

From Other Public Entities - Direct Grant of Appropriated Public Funds: Federal grant from FHWA.

Project Delivery & Finance Method

Project Delivery:
All Public Finance. Public Sponsor contracts for both initial design and construction with a single entity. Public Owner operates and maintains the resulting facility.
Is there an independant checking engineer? No

Procurement Approach

Project Component
Qualifications
Based Selection
Request for
Qualifications
Request for
Proposals
Invitation
for Bids
Unsolicited
Proposals

Term for Key Components & Forms of Contract

Project Component
Years
Quarters
Initial Design and Construction
2
3
Forms
Description
 
 

Project Value (If and As Known)

Date of Estimated Project Value: September 20, 2010
Project Value
Hard Cost
Hard & Soft Costs
Total
< $200 Million US
< $200 Million US

Warning!!!

You are about to delete: .

Confirm Deletion Cancel